TCBL Code of Conduct For Players
1. Respect the game, play fairly, and follow league rules and regulations.
2. Refrain from unnecessary and/or excessive physical contact, trash-talking, or excessive celebrating.
3. Show respect for authority to the officials of the game and of the league.
4. Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during, and after games.
5. Be courteous to opposing teams and treat all players and coaches with respect.
6. Be modest when successful and gracious in defeat.
7. Respect the rules and regulations of all facilities in which TCBL events are held.
8. Refrain from the use of drugs, tobacco, alcohol and abusive language.
TCBL Code of Conduct for Parents/Guardians
1. Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, fans and officials at games, practices and other sporting events.
2. Advocate a sports environment for all children that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol and abusive language, and refrain from their use during youth sporting events.
3. Encourage all children to play by the rules and respect the rights of other players, coaches, fans, and officials.
4. Support all our student-athletes in an environment of mutual respect and civility.
5. Avoid inappropriate or aggressive content in email or text exchanges. Anyone who receives inappropriate electronic communication should contact TCBL Management immediately.
6. Remember that the game is for the kids, not the adults. Let the coaches coach and the referees ref. Refrain from coaching players once they step on the court as doing so would distract and confuse the players, undermine the coach, and deprive the children of learning opportunities in the moment.
7. Learn the rules of the game to become a more informed spectator.
8. Be supportive after the game – win or lose – by recognizing good effort, teamwork and sportsmanship.
9. Remain mindful that my conduct influences the respect that other athletes, coaches, parents and the public hold for the TCBL community.
TCBL Code of Conduct for Coaches
1. Recognize that coaches are role models for their team members and all participants involved in the activity, and that basketball helps to develop a sense of teamwork, self-worth, and sportsmanship.
2. Place the emotional and physical well-being of players ahead of a personal desire or external pressure to win.
3. Do your best to provide a safe playing environment for all participants.
4. Lead by example by demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all involved.
5. Provide an environment for your team that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol and abusive language and refrain from their use at all sporting events.
6. Respect the game, TCBL league officials’ referees, be knowledgeable of league rules and communicate with them in an appropriate manner.
7. No offensive or inappropriate content will be permitted in email exchanges. Anyone who receives an email that is not appropriate should contact the TCBL Management Team immediately.
1. TCBL reserves the right to enforce disciplinary action it deems. Each offense will be ruled upon and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The violations include in general conduct detrimental to the league, its players, leadership, coaches and referees. Some examples include but are not limited to violation of TCBL’s eligibility rules, its Code of Conduct, circulating defamatory emails to other programs and coaches, unsafe and/or abusive behavior or language, etc. Any disqualification or suspension for the current season may also, at the sole decision of the TCBL Board of Directors, be carried over into subsequent seasons.
2. TCBL also reserves the right to enforce disciplinary actions, including multi-year suspensions or a permanent ban, for a recurring pattern of misconduct by players, coaches, parents and/or spectators. For example, repeated technical fouls, pattern of violation of TCBL rules and code of conduct, profanity, threats of any kind toward the referees or scorekeeper.
3. Any person, coach or team that is expelled and wishes to be re-admitted must submit an appeal, no earlier than two years following the completion of the season that the expulsion took place and at least 10 days before the due date for applications for that upcoming season.
4. There is zero tolerance for physical abuse and verbal abuse. Physical abuse will result in expulsion from the league for the entire season, and possibly a permanent ban from TCBL.
5. Verbal abuse will result in disciplinary action as determined by TCBL Management.
6. Players, coaches, or spectators who have been suspended may not return until the completion of their suspension. Suspensions can carry over from season to season.
7. An official has the authority to remove a player, coach, or spectator from a game and/or forfeit the game due to unsportsmanlike conduct. Unsportsmanlike conduct shall include, but is not limited to, profanity, threats of any kind toward the referees or scorekeeper, fighting (before, during, or after the game), excessive obscene behavior, or any flagrant foul as determined by the referees.